Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chinese Valentine's Day (QiXi)

Written by Mango_cake:

Forgive me for going on another FengMi fangirl squee session. This post is a bit too much "crazy obsessed fan speculation" for me to feel comfortable "spamming" FSF/YM's individual threads (where I have been posting most of the recent FengMi real-life interaction), so I settled for spamming the "Gong" thread instead for interested people.

A bit of background: Aug. 06 was "QiXi"--also known as the Chinese Valentine's Day. The day before, both FSF and YM were in Beijing filming Hua Pi 2. Unfortunately, they both had commitments in other cities on the actual day. YM returned to An Ji to continue filming Ru Yi. Meanwhile, FSF had flown to Wuhan the night before because he had a promo event to attend on QiXi--for "I Do", a jewelry company (also happens to be the company who made the necklace that the ChaoJi interview hosts asked FSF to put on YM back in March). (By the way, I kinda wish I was back in China right now...Wuhan being my hometown!! :'( But, I am comforted by the fact that FSF did all these lovely things while in my home city! XD Yes, random, I know...)

First, a disclaimer: I admit that, as FengMi fans, we are very biased and see everything through "FengMi-rose-coloured" glasses, and we also probably tend to over-romanticize things. So, perhaps I (and other FengMi fans) am linking too many events together that have nothing to do with each other, because FengMi obviously never name one another. (There are actually many more of FSF and YM's weibo posts that are very cryptic and vague...I truly feel it makes the most sense that these posts are meant for each other, but because we can't be sure of it I refrain from posting them. However, on QiXi, I really think that a lot of the events are interconnected in terms of FengMi and together they are truly so sweet/romantic. Basically, take it with a grain of salt and you guys can judge for yourself whether FSF/YM's words/actions on this day were meant for each other...



FengMi QiXi weibo postings:

Note: FSF's good friend Raymond Lam was also in Wuhan that day for his own promo thing. (I mention him because FSF made 2 weibo posts on QiXi and the second one sort of relates to the first.) So the two "Feng"s met up the night before for karaoke and drinks. The next morning, FSF updated his weibo with a picture of the two of them and a post about their meeting.

Complete weibo timeline as follows:

Aug 05, 11:34 PM: FSF post: "Just arrived at the Wuhan airport, 2 fans came up to me, holding DMGD photos for me to sign. Just asking, did you guys want me to sign "Yang Mi"..."
(Note: DMGD is YM's movie that FSF went to support a month ago; so the photos are probably the promo movie stills of Yang Mi. This is definitely not the first time fans have asked him to sign YM photos--many also bring FengMi photos to sign--but this time he actually posted about it teasingly on weibo! Plus according to the fans he actually said even cuter stuff about YM while signing the photo but since we don't know the truth behind these, I'll refrain from posting it--I feel like this post is already leaning a bit too much towards speculation, lol...)

Aug 06, 12:51 PM: FSF's Raymond Lam meeting update.

Aug 06, 12:54 PM: YM makes a cryptic and rather sad but very sweet post: "Some words are said too much as filming dialogue, so I cannot bring myself to say them in real life. If they are said out loud, even I myself feel they are not genuine. Thinking this way it is indeed quite tragic, used up all my feelings and tears only for the viewers' enjoyment. But to the person I truly care about, I am too scared to even open my mouth."

Aug 06, 1:07 PM: FSF makes his 2nd QiXi post: "On this type of day, I really want to say something to another most important person. Actually the more you care [about someone], the more there really is no need to say anything, often it is all teasing/bullying. Alright then, I wish everyone a happy holiday!"

YM often likes to post cryptic/poetic type stuff on her weibo (which drives fans crazy because they can't make heads or tails of it sometimes!). FSF on the other hand is often very straightforward on his weibo (no deep analyzing required to guess his meaning)--the exception being the cases where he seems to be replying indirectly to YM's weibo! e.g. his 2 QiXi posts--the first about Raymond Lam is typical straightforward FSF-style, no guessing required. Meanwhile, his second post and YM's post are vague enough so no one can really specifically pinpoint who they're directed to--but, it seems obvious that they are linked, especially considering FSF's post came only 13 min after YM's. Factor in the time for him to type up the post and sit on it for a bit to make sure it's suitably vague, and it pretty much came right after. Furthermore, the phrase he used for "teasing/bullying" is exactly the same phrase used during FengMi's ChaoJi interview (where he had a silly grin while saying YM always "teases/bullies" him). Seriously though, if these two posts are really meant for one another, how much sweeter can they get--YM basically said he is the person she "truly cares about" and FSF did her one better, saying she is "the MOST important person!" (On top of that, even if you look at it from a completely unbiased view, it certainly seems like both of them have a "significant other"...)

FSF "I Do" event--fans tease him about Yang Mi and he sings "Hong Dou"

In the afternoon of QiXi (after the above weibo postings), there was lots more cuteness at his promo event! Since "I Do" is a company specializing in romantic jewelry, the host asks FSF to talk about what "valuable, true feelings/love" means to him. Before he can even start speaking the entire crowd starts chanting "Yang Mi! Yang Mi! Yang Mi!" (LOL. I love this crowd.) FSF can only smile and rub his forehead/hide his face in cute embarrassment: (pic is blurry but you can't miss that goofy happy grin! )
 The host laughs and says, "what, you guys all think that FSF's true feelings/love have to do with Yang Mi?" The crowd screams "YES!!!" in response. (Have I mentioned how much I love this crowd??) The host laughs again, saying "Nah!!!" and asks FSF to contine his answer. He says in his view it is really quite simple, for example being with family, e.g. eating a homecooked meal by his mom, or, being with a person he loves and spending their whole lives together (at this point the crowd starts going "aiya..." and you can practically feel all the fangirls swooning in the audience LMAO...a couple people once again yell "Yang Mi" ). He then goes on to say sometimes he sees elderly couples in the park walking happily hand-in-hand and he thinks being like that would make your whole life very satisfying and happy.

After that bit dies down, the host asks him if he would mind saying something on stage, as if he were expressing his true feelings to his special someone (and says all the fangirls in the audience can imagine FSF is saying it to them LOL...one person once again yells that it is "YM I love you!"--how cute are these fans? ). FSF laughs in a slightly embarrassed way at first (even cutely pushes his glasses further up his nose in nervousness), then finally replies, "How about I sing it instead?" (The audience starts screaming and swooning, even the host starts hyperventilating and stumbling over her words ) And THEN, he starts singing "Hong Dou!" (A very beautiful romantic song, but rather sad/bittersweet; originally sang by Faye Wong many years ago, later covered by Khalil Fong.) Once again this ties back into the FengMi ChaoJi interview in March, as he also sang a segment of this song there.

Video: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjkyMTQwODYw.html (Skip to 1:55 for the crowd chanting "Yang Mi", and 3:30 for FSF singing.)
Video 2: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/_8bL1BendOs/ (starts right in the middle of the YM chant; this one is a bit choppy but has a close-up of FSF and you can hear the crowd better)

Here is the segment of the song he sang during the "I Do" event: "...But I, sometimes, would rather choose to keep loving and not let go. Wait until we have seen all the scenery, perhaps you will accompany me, to see 'xi shui chang liu'." (Note: "Xi shui chang liu" loosely translates to, after lots of careful persistence, dedication, and perseverence, you finally achieve something--in the context of this song it is obviously romance/love-related.)

What's worthy of note is, on July 12th (the day before YM made the "1-year FengMi filming anniversary" post), YM wrote on her weibo: "When will I have finally waited for the day when I have seen all the scenery, where is there someone who can accompany me to see 'xi shui chang liu'." (A clear reference to the song.) Interestingly enough, during the ChaoJi interview FSF actually sang 2 verses, starting from a previous section: "Sometimes, sometimes, I will believe that everything has an end; reuniting and separating, all happen at times; nothing endures forever...But I, sometimes, would rather choose to keep loving and not let go. Wait until we have seen all the scenery, perhaps you will accompany me, to see 'xi shui chang liu'." When he sang this during that interview, FSF actually messed up the second verse because he couldn't remember the words. But that second verse is the one that YM focused on during her July weibo post. And now, the second time FSF sings it, he skips the first verse entirely (the part he actually did know by heart before!) and directly starts singing only the second verse (which of course he knows all the words to now). (Note: the actual song is longer of course; and the lyrics are really quite beautiful. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8CQxuLRmuo)

So, that concludes my long-winded FengMi QiXi update! I didn't think it could top FSF's adorable weibo posts on the previous two "holidays of love" this year (i.e. Valentine's Day and "520" May 20), but somehow FengMi keeps getting better and better! XD

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks to Mango_cake and jolecole. I very appreciate your hard works.

    ReplyDelete