Thursday, October 13, 2011

Symphony of Fate (Ming Yun Jiao Xiang Qu) Currently Airing

Hello again to all the FengMi fans! I apologize for my lack of updates in recent months, but fortunately, our Mango_cake never fails to give us more FengMi goodies on spcnet.tv forum. I hope you all have been following her posts. If you haven't, no worries! I'll consolidate what she has been writing.


I'm sure those of you following FengMi closely are aware Symphony of Fate (a.k.a. Ming Yun Jiao Xiang Qu) is currently being aired on AnHui and ShenZhen TV stations right now. Ratings are good, but of course, definitely not as high as Gong. At first, I was pretty excited about this drama. After reading many reviews and spoilers, the storyline is really mediocre and the sweet FengMi scenes are what make it interesting for fans like us.


Here's what mango_cake wrote about her experience watching Ming Yun :

Although MingYun is advertised as an idol drama, I actually find that it's kind of a "cross" between a typical idol drama and a more serious Chinese modern-day drama (with the main focus on family and everyday life rather than romance). I find that many older chinese people like watching that kind of series, which I personally find incredibly dull (because it basically just follows people/families living their everyday lives, although meeting with more conflicts than normal people). Not sure it's a good idea to incorporate aspects of both...the younger audience who enjoy idol dramas will tend to get bored of the rest, while I don't know if the super-cute idol romance parts will appeal to the older audience who might enjoy the "family" parts more. (Even I am cringing at some of the super cheesy dialogue, although the intense looks between FengMi make it easy to ignore some of what they're saying, lol... XD)

I find their chemistry even better than in Gong, despite the fact that the relationship between their characters is terribly developed--in fact, while in Gong it took them a good 20+ eps to finally be together, in MingYun there is basically zero buildup/development because they start off the first episode pretty much in love already, LOL. I think if it were played by other actors the relationship wouldn't even be believable since it moves super fast. Actually, a lot of fans point out (and I kinda feel the same) that during the "QiXi" scenes, they feel like they're watching FengMi instead of QiXi! Especially with scenes where Anqi is all adamant about keeping the relationship a secret while Chenxi is all "let's go public!", as well as when Chenxi says they've known each other for 10 years already (something that FSF has actually said in his weibo a few times)...a lot of people comment the lines are being blurred between real-life vs "acting", heh. Although, it's a pity the kiss scene was clearly "jie wei" (i.e. not actual kissing--they just kiss each other's chin/cheek area instead of the lips; it's quite common to do this in Chinese series) so it looked a bit awkward.

Oh well, I'm just watching it to enjoy the FengMi segments which will tide me over till their better projects come out! But I actually do feel quite sympathetic towards Anna though...she does have her jealous moments but it's more due to her impulsive nature--after she calms down a bit she actually did end up putting her sister's best interests first and letting go of her jealousy. (Don't know if my sympathy for her will last once she continues in her downward spiral though...)

Couldn't help share this funny series of screencaps someone made: (The subtitles are the actual real dialogue, except for in the first pic the person put "Shaofeng" instead of "Chenxi"! )

-Translation-
Anqi/YM: "Shaofeng, regarding our relationship, let's not make it public for now, ok?"
Chenxi/FSF: "Why?"
Anqi/YM: "I like this thrilling feeling of being secretive."

-Translation-
Anqi: "You look all quiet and gentlemanly on the outside, but actually you have quite a wicked streak don't you!"...Anyone else reminded of FSF seeming all super nice and innocent, but sometimes being quite sneaky (on weibo etc) and always trying to convince YM to add kiss scenes in their series?? Heheh...

Just two of the many "parallels" causing FengMi fans to repeatedly be thrown out of the drama into reality...or as some put it, they never even "entered" the drama in the first place, since we never really got to know the characters before they started dating.

I have a feeling both MingYun as well as Gong 2 basically exist just to satisfy all the FengMi fans' fantasies of YM/FSF in real life, lmao...

I just keep laughing while watching MingYun because of the real-life FengMi parallels (wondering how much of the dialogue was spontaneously added by FengMi--there was one scene in particular where I'm almost positive FSF added a line, because it's a phrase that he said YM always says during their Chaoji interview, and I swear FSF was slightly smirking mischievously at YM in that scene when he said it! ) Not to mention all the people who seemed to be FengMi shippers while wishing FSF happy bday; and now that Hong Men Yan is about to be released, FSF's producer of that movie is starting to look like almost as big a FengMi shipper as YM's DMGD producer, bwahahah! He actually replied to/reposted one of YM's newest weibos, which was all lovey-dovey but didn't reference anyone in particular, encouraging her/giving her advice on how to act towards "that person"...then someone asked him, "are you referring to your HMY actor (i.e. FSF) in your post?" The producer replied "I can't say!" Haha. Then someone else asked him if he was planning on inviting YM to one of the HMY promos or something (just like FSF surprised YM at her DMGD one) and he replied "Yes!" Not getting my hopes up that it will go through but it's cute that the producer seems all gung-ho about it. Btw, I believe this is the same guy that FSF recommended/praised YM to, and (semi-jokingly) asked him if he could make a FengMi collab possible in his next movie, LOL. I'm still suspicious about the guy doing this all for HMY promo's sake...but I felt the same way about the DMGD producer and he's still going strong even months after the movie box office run finished so who knows!
YM posted the photo above on her weibo and wrote "Aiya, this behind-the-scenes filming pic of Uncle Feng I've kept hidden for such a long time, finally I can share it with everyone! " That is just adorable. I remember watching a leaked video of them filming this scene (that's how the news of FSF's character dying in the series got prematurely leaked all over the internet). It was hilarious...at first YM is all devastated and crying hysterically while holding FSF's dead body in her lap, and you get all into her emotions...then the director yells "Cut!" and YM goes, "Omg how come you have this much blood?!" (Ok, maybe the way I described it is not that funny, but I started laughing at the way she said it. So cute.)

Then FSF responded with this...
 -Translation-
YM: Aiya, this behind-the-scenes filming pic of Uncle Feng I've kept hidden for such a long time, finally I can share it with everyone!
FSF: Girl, you posted up such a great picture of me. T_T "Uncle" misses you, look out for your health while filming out there! Take care of yourself!

I think I nearly died. Way to be obvious FSF. (Need I remind you guys that it was only a week ago that these two just spent a full day or two together filming Gong 2? ) I think he might be more obvious than usual in here for 2 reasons: as a prelude to reassure the FengMi fans/Yang Mi prior to the onslaught of FSF/FBB pics/posts that came after this one (the two were promoting their new movie together in a press conference); and also maybe as a subtle sign of support/reassurance for YM after the bad news about her upcoming movie role that fell through. Either way, so cute.

FSF's weibo chat: 

FSF just did a weibo chat (along with a few other MingYun cast members). Hilariously, one person asked him what kind of feelings Chenxi has toward Anna in the series...FSF's reply? "His feelings towards Anqi are completely whole-hearted, a very pure love, just like the first love that everyone's experienced."
LOL. Dude, can he make his thoughts any more obvious...he's asked about Anna (Guo Zhenni's character) but apparently his brain just misread that as Anqi (YM's character) and pounced on an opportunity to gush on about their relationship in the series.

Another person asked him if he were Chenxi, would he really like a girl like Anqi? He answered that yes he would, he likes a kind and brave girl like Anqi! Heh, reminds me back when Gong was airing he kept saying he likes a girl like Qingchuan...

21 comments:

  1. SOOO CUTEEE!!! I'm BACK!!! and i see that FENGMI is also BACK~~~ :)
    i love the fact that Fengmi are as close as ever! Before the airing of this drama, i thought Fengmi didn't keep in contact. :)
    kekekkeke. Can't wait to watch the drama! :) thankyou for another awesome update!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm more looking forward to their guest roles on Gong 2. The BTS photos were so cute and sweet! Also, I'm psyched about Hua Pi 2. They haven't announced anything about their roles so I really want to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sooooooooooo glad that u're back. Thank you very much for the updates. You and mango_cake are the best of the best. Fengmi's international fans are so lucky to have you two who keep us updated on fengmi's latest news and cute interactions. Awwww, I love your writing and comments so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jade Vo
    Oh don't worry, FengMi keep in contact a TON. XD While wishing him happy birthday in a fan video, Yang Mi joked that she sees FSF so often she's starting to get sick of him! (Don't worry, she was just teasing--in other interviews she said she's definitely not sick of him yet but she's wondering if the viewers are getting sick of them together. :P)
    On another talkshow she slipped up a bit and first started to say that they have contact with each other EVERYDAY--then she quickly backtracked and corrected it saying they "often" see each other. ^_^
    ~mango_cake

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really? EVERYDAY????????? Uhmmm,why am I so excited to hear this? ;> hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heh, yup...well, it's possible Yang Mi did just make an honest mistake and she didn't really mean "everyday", but I can certainly believe it's the truth! (At least via weibo/texting etc.) No matter what though she's definitely said several times they see each other a lot (for "work" reasons...although of course half of those are opportunities FengMi created themselves, since they keep recommending each other to the directors of their projects! XD).
    The talkshow where she mentioned this was during her "Birthday Party" episode--see around 17:00 here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2yKGPT8jCs (for those who don't understand Chinese, I *am* working on the English subs for it! :P)

    ~mango_cake

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ mango_cake: She has been slipping up things more lately, hasn't she? ;D I guess she is having a hard time containing herself.... hahaha...I am waiting inpatiently for the engsub of her Bday party and FSF's "Close up" interview as well. Thank you so much for your hard work. The telephone conversation with YM in "Close up" seems very interesting. How come her voice is so sweet/cute during that phone call? (P/S: I don't understand Chinese...hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mango_cake: are you interesting in managing this blog? I can add you as an author to this blog if you have a gmail account. I haven't followed fengmi news recently and I've been busy updating my other blog. Please let me know! I'm sure many fellow FengMi shippers will appreciate more news about them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @jolecole: Sure! Maybe I'll pm you my gmail on spcnet? (However...let me give fair warning: I think I may end up going a bit overboard on the FengMi squee-fests if I'm given free rein to gush on about FengMi on a dedicated blog! XD)

    ~mango_cake

    ReplyDelete
  10. @jolecole & mangocake: Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes! Many FengMi fans will appreciate more news about them. Yaaayyyyyyyyyy,this blog will be updated more frequently.

    @mango_cake: I hope that your warning will become true....hahaha...I am waiting impatiently for your FengMi squee-fests.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Mango_cake is now an official author of this blog. I'm so excited about this news.

    Many thanks to jolecole and mango_cake for your wonderful fengmi updates.

    ReplyDelete
  12. woohoo!!! Excellent news. Hope this blog will be revived. Such a wonderful blog for the most wonderful couple ever. Thanks to our two wonderful authors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When will our wonderful mango_cake make her first official appearance on this blog? :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Waiting...Waiting...Waiting...Waiting...Waiting.... Waiting.........................

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm waiting too...hahaha...mango_cake, maybe I should transfer some of your past posts on spcnet.com while we patiently wait for your grand entrance...

    ReplyDelete
  16. @jolecole: such a good idea to transfer her past posts during this long long long waiting time to keep this blog alive :D. Also, it's great to compile all of her wonderful comments from spcnet. I love this blog so much. You two please don't neglect it.

    I am waiting for mango_cake's grand entrance and for your comeback as well. It's been a long time you haven't comment anything on our wonderful couple :((

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mango_cake, where r u? I'm waiting too..........

    ReplyDelete
  18. mango_cake is putting together a gigantic post for us! I think she should be ready soon...hopefully...another day?

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gigantic post for us? Oh wow, such a great news.
    Hope mango_cake will post it up today. I'm dying to hear more fengmi updates....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry everyone--but don't worry, the post is coming! It's all done now, I just need to learn from JoleCole how to do the "Read More" cut (otherwise I'm going to swamp the page with the huge post...)

    (So, JoleCole...check your PM!!! XD)

    ReplyDelete