Sunday, August 28, 2011

14th China Film (Hua Biao) Awards

The almighty CCTV held the biennial Hua Biao Award Ceremony on the evening of 28th (Beijing time). Many famous directors, producers, and stars attended the event in resplendent garbs. Attendees included Andy Lau, Jackie Chan, Eva Huang, Liu YiFei, Huang XiaoMing, Hu Ge, Shawn Yue, Charlene Choi, our very favorite FengMi, and many more I wish I could continue to list. FengMi didn't receive any awards but they were presenters and walked with their respective movie cast/crew to promote their new projects. YM first walked the red carpet with Shawn Yue for her new movie ChunQiao and ZhiMing. Liu YiFei and FSF paired up for the red carpet walk with their White Vengeance producer and co-star. After they finished with their first red carpet walk, FengMi then ran back in line and paired up to walk with their Painted Skin 2 cast/crew. Check out the new interview by CCTV below!


The Red Carpet Walks: 
White Vengeance - FSF, Liu YiFei, Zhang HanYu and Producer Song (watch video)

Aww..FSF and Liu YiFei are holding hands too. LOL. Okay, I'm biased, definitely not as cute as FengMi. Actually, it's very common for red carpet pairs to hold hands, so we shouldn't read too much into things.
I thought this picture was rather funny. Why did they stand so far apart?
Mango_cake's comments: .FSF the poor girl is having a hard time going up the steps in her heels, why are you just standing there watching? Where is your gentlemanly spirit?! ...sorry, couldn't help my inner shipper there.  Also FSF, GET RID OF THOSE BOOTS. They are super ugly and do not deserve to be worn to like 5 events in the past week. If I see you wearing them at another event I'm going to stop posting this many pics of you!! >_<
Top right corner: Liu Yi Fei and FSF both looked rather bored waiting in line to walk the red carpet.
ChunQiao and ZhiMing - YM, Shawn Yue, and Director Peng HaoQiang (watch video)

Painted Skin 2 - Yang Mi, Feng ShaoFeng, Director Wu ErShan, Zhou Xun, and co-star (watch video)
In mango_cake's words - FengMi shipper moment: they're holding hands even while they're just waiting--before they walk the red carpet! Meanwhile FSF/LYF only started holding hands after they started walking...(just saying! ^_^
FSF changed his jacket for his second red carpet walk.
Seating (arranged for the night was as followed: Huang XiaoMing, Andy Lau, Li YiFei, FSF, YM, Shawn Yue)

YM's seat is empty. I guess she's off presenting with Shawn Yue and Charlene Choi
Award Presentation
Liu YiFei + FSF (watch video)

I had a good laugh at this photo. LOL. What happened to FSF's gentlemanly manners? Once again, can't resist mango_cake's comments: "...way to be the gentleman FSF, haven't you ever heard of waiting for the ladies first??"
 YM+Charlene Choi+Shawn Yue (watch video)

I guess YM purposely changed her outfit after the red carpet walk to a little red cocktail dress.
Backstage 
The producer of YM's horror flick, Du Dao Jing Hun (Mysterious Island) couldn't resist his FengMi urging and snapped two quick photos of them.
Mango_cake: the person who posted this picture wrote "Don't recognize the hot guy beside Yang Mi, but when he was being interviewed he kept holding onto Yang Mi, looked really sweet/lovey-dovey." (First of all, has she been living under a rock?! And second of all, who cares because even someone who has no idea who they are can tell there's something fishy going on there!!!

 "According to people there, FSF was getting interviewed backstage, he pulled YM over to join in ; then at one point YM jokes that he's ignoring her and pretends to angrily storm away; then FSF says "how can you say I'm ignoring you??" and grabs her arm to bring her back..."- Mango_cake
Written by Mango_cake:
Mei-Ah's(YM's management company) FengMi fangirl moment. They posted this pic and added the accompanying anecdote:

Backstage being interviewed with FSF.
Reporter asked YM: "What is your opinion of FSF today?"
YM said: "Very handsome!"
Reporter asked: "So did he compliment you today that you were beautiful?"
YM said: "He completely ignored me/didn't bother with me!"
Beside her, FSF said: "Who ignored you? Who ignored you????"
Really these are two living treasures...

Awww...I think this is the same moment as the previously mentioned one where YM pretends to stomp away angrily and FSF pulls her back in. OMG I am dying to see video of this! (Btw, according to fans on baidu, they speculated that at first Mei-Ah was against YM/FSF's relationship being too public--probably since they wanted to keep YM's male fans using her "hot young single" status LOL. I didn't pay attention to FengMi back then so I don't know what basis they have for this. However, ever since I've been paying attention Mei-Ah seems to also be a huge FengMi shipper so they must've come around--probably couldn't resist their cuteness like the rest of us! ^_^

A mini reunion for Liu YiFei and YM.
Shawn Yue and YM being interviewed
Some FengMi's fun by mango_cake:
JoleCole: I wonder what FSF is talking to Shawn Yue about? Is FSF's fluent Cantonese inspiring the look of awe in YM's eyes?
Hmm, wonder what FSF is talking to Shawn about...perhaps converting him into a FengMi shipper as well? LOL. I wonder, now that Shawn has met FSF, does this mean we won't be getting anymore of Shawn taking sneaky pics of YM on set (and teasing her with them on weibo), or joking with her about threesomes/foursomes? (After all, that seems to be the trend with all her other male costars who know FSF...they start to get super careful about maintaining a formal respectful distance with her! XD)

Haha just kidding, I'm sure they're just having a friendly chat. But just purely for fun, cuz I can't help myself...let's play the caption game! XD

FSF: You don't try anything funny with her on set! I've seen those pics you always take sneakily!
YM: ...uhhhh...
Shawn: Hey it's all in good fun, man!
OMG! Even FSF's agent is teasing him! She replied under the picture: "I think he's saying, 'You little rascal!' "

Another person commented under it: "I bet he's saying: 'Don't even think about stealing my wife!' " Poor FSF, he really needs to be more careful of what he does...people just keep taking pics of him at the most inopportune moments, making it easy for people to misunderstand his intentions!

Sorry I'm just having too much fun with this--the comments are hilarious, here's another one:

FSF: Little rascal, Yang Mi is my woman! (Reference to 8th prince's line in Gong)
YM: ...Wha-- (Qingchuan's response in Gong)
Shawn: I know I know--China, Hong Kong, Taiwan...all of Asia knows!!

The much awaited, anticipated backstage FengMi interview CCTV has finally been released today. Our mango_cake never fails to provide us with the translated goodies! Enjoy! Your heart will burst with FengMi sweetness.

This is how mango_cake summarizes her feelings:
Guys. I...officially have no words. I will let these two do the talking. (CCTV finally released the backstage interview, the cuteness begins at around 0:29--as always, turn on captions for english translations.) I paused the video about 10 times to look at the adorable looks on their faces. I don't even have a smiley right now to represent this moment. (How about they make a smiley melting into a puddle of goo on the floor?)
Screencaptures: 
I translated some fun captions that some weibo fans provided to the moment captured above.
P.S. FSF likes to refer himself as "Uncle Feng" on weibo, even to YM.
"Girl, you think Uncle Feng is a veggie eater? That's a flat-out lie. Uncle Feng insists this is a grave problem! We must treat it with all seriousness, explain it clearly! Honesty will be treated with mercy, resistance will be met with heavy consequences"...something along with those lines...
and then someone replied "if she continues to resist, how about a forced kiss?"

10 comments:

  1. Hot newssssssssssssssssss! Millions of thanks. Our favorite Fengmi is the best ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading mango_cake's and your comments. Waiting for Fengmi's goodies....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm dying to hear more fengmi stories. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cutest couple ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am speechless. They're so adorable. Thank you so much for the translation. This is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @JoleCole & mango_cake: I saw YM posted many pix of her and Shawn Yue on her weibo on the night of this event. These pix are not very clear but look like they were in the same room and she was painting her toe nails at that time. They seem very close and happy. I don't know what is going on since I don't know Chinese. Do Fengmi fans say anything about those pix?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Anonymous (September 1, 2011 12:43 PM)

    The pics you're talking about, I believe are stills of the movie Shawn and YM are filming together (they do play a couple/lovers in the movie). The text accompanying the pic was: "Have to say goodbye again..." because she had completed her filming and was leaving the set. ;)

    ~mango_cake

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ mango_cake: Thank you so much for your reply. I'm glad that those pix are movie stills, not off-screen photos...I'm a Fengmi fan myself so I'm not very happy seeing YM so close with other costars...hehehehe... Btw, I'm a silent reader of spcnet.tv. Just want to let you know that I enjoy all your posts and comments about Fengmi on YM and FSF's thread. You and jolecole are the best of the best.Thank you so much for your hard work. Keep it up. I am checking YM and FSF thread everyday just to read Fengmi news from you and Jolecole. I have to admit JoleCole did an awesome job of converting you into a Fengmi fan :P Again, million of thanks to both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your blog. That Baidu post is such a monster thread that I can't follow it. I generally do a YouTube search to see what news clips were uploaded but this really helps accumulate all the related news. I still miss out on some of the details of the daily stalking that more dedicated FengMi fans do but I'm grateful for getting the gist of things.

    To tell you the truth, I used to think they were friends and it was a one-sided crush at most on FSF's part or else it was all a publicity stunt. But now I'm really being sold on their being a real life couple. I'm not really into celebrities so being so invested into them is very surreal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ mango_cake: You mentioned earlier that you guess YM purposely changed her outfit after the red carpet walk to a little red cocktail dress. I wonder why she needs to get it changed... Uhmmmmmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete